Let’s face it, not everyone is gifted with a perfectly aligned set of teeth. And we must admit that our smile plays an important role not just in the social aspect but in our overall personality as well. Good thing to know there are various ways to improve the way we smile through the help of modern dental technology. One way to enhance our smile is through dental braces or orthodontic braces. Our friends from Sydney dentistry will give us some tips on everything you need to know about dental braces.
What are dental braces? | Sydney Dentist
Dental braces are devices that are placed on teeth to straighten and improve the relationship of how our teeth come together between the upper and lower jaws. The goal of dental braces is to properly align the teeth and jaws resulting to an even bite and a pleasant smile.
What are the types of dental braces?
- Metal Braces– this is the most common used type of braces. Metal braces consists of metal brackets that are bonded on each tooth and wires to keep the brackets in the desired position. Metal braces is also the least expensive type of dental braces.
- Ceramic braces– a little more expensive than metal braces, but ceramic braces look more natural due to its tooth colored or clear brackets that blend in to teeth. Orthodontists also used tooth colored wires to be even less noticeable.
- Lingual braces– the same as metal braces, but the brackets and wires are placed on the inside of the teeth.
- Self- ligating braces– one of the high tech type of braces that doesn’t require rubber bands, therefore it delivers quick results even without having to visit the orthodontist every other week.
- Invisible braces– Invisalign, one of the latest in orthodontic treatment that are virtually invisible. Invisalign consists of mouth guard-like clear plastic aligners that can be removed for brushing and flossing.
Who may need dental braces?
Essentially, anyone who desires to have straighter teeth or improve their bite may be a good candidate for dental braces. However, although dental braces can be for any age group, there are optimal times before the treatment begins especially for children ages 7 and above. That is why it is important to have a thorough evaluation with a qualified orthodontist once decided to have dental braces.
How long does it take to wear dental braces?
Typically, the average person has to wear dental braces for 24 to 30 months. However, there are some cases that might need to extend to 36-48 months, depending on orthodontic needs. That is why it is important to ask for your dentist advice so that he/she can estimate an approximate duration of your braces.
How much does dental braces costs?
Orthodontic braces vary its cost depending on the type of treatment, location or any other restorative work that may need to be completed prior to or throughout treatment. In Australia, the treatment ranges from $3500 to $7000 depending on the type of dental braces used. You may also look for dental insurance that covers this type of dental treatment in your area.
If you are interested about dental braces, it is essential to talk to your Sydney dentist first to carefully assess your dental needs because each individual’s dental case are different. With the help of modern dental technology, there is no need for you to worry about not having the perfectly aligned teeth you’ve always wanted.
What Your Sydney Dentist Have to Say About Cosmetic Dentistry http://our-oral-health.weebly.com/blog/what-your-sydney-dentist-have-to-say-about-cosmetic-dentistry