Losing one or more of your teeth can create gaps in your smile. When this happens, your ability to chew properly could be greatly affected. It can also alter your diet and nutrition. When you’re missing one or more of your teeth and you would prefer not to have a bridge or partial dentures, you might consider asking your dentist whether you would be a good candidate for dental implants. A dental implant can provide your teeth a more natural tooth replacement due to the fact that it is attached directly to the jawbone.
Dental Implants for Tooth Replacement
Replacing a missing tooth is essential not just to your oral health but to your general health as well. If one tooth is lost, you will lose the ability to chew properly. Unreplaced teeth, on the other hand, can cause other crowded tooth, tipped, or create subsequent problems which in turn could cause serious problems once neglected.
One of the most obvious effect of missing teeth are poor appearance and decreased self-esteem. Considering a dental implant can be one of the best option to replace a missing tooth. For more than 50 years, dental implants has been established as one of most effective treatment choice used for treating missing teeth. Among the advantages of dental implant are the following:
- Dental implants restore a lost tooth to make it look, feel, fit and function just lie a natural tooth.
- Dental implants are built to last a lifetime when properly placed and cared for over time.
- Dental implants can retain your natural face shape and smile.
- Dental implant helps in preserving and stimulating natural bone, which actually helps prevent bone loss.
- Dental implants function more like natural teeth than removable dentures.
- Dental implants are fixed in place and fuse naturally in the jawbone.
- Dental implant treatment has a track record of reliable and long term successful outcome.
If you’re planning to have a dental implant, be sure to look for a qualified Chatswood dentist with extensive experience and in-depth training about dental implant treatment. A suitably trained and experienced dentist can offer best solutions for you by using the different expertise of other team members such as performing the surgery itself or the restoration. With dental implants, you can now substitute your missing tooth with a more natural looking teeth, plus, rest assured that it offers a permanent and secure solution for your missing teeth problems.